- Your Government
- Community Services
- Planning & Zoning
- Non-Motorized Transportation Plan
Planning for Pedestrians, Bicyclists, & Water Users
City of Battle Creek Non-Motorized Transportation Plan
This plan strives to accomplish the following:
- Improve Pedestrian and Bicycle connections and safety
- Enhance Canoe/ Kayak/ SUP water trails and amenities
- Maintain existing infrastructure for continued use
- Strategic decision-making for growth and value-added features
- Examine sidewalks, bike lanes, Linear Park (multi-use pathway), and trails for safety, extensions, and maintenance
- Increase healthy outdoor options for residents and tourists
- Ensure safe routes to school for kids, parents, and teachers
- Reduce pollution by providing more routes options for non-motorized transportation users
- Enhance connections to the Iron Belle Trail, North Country Trail, & Great Lakes-to-Lakes Trail systems
- Add more connections between people and places
2019 Update: Update 2006 Non-Motorized Transportation Plan
The existing 2006 Non-Motorized Transportation Plan is being updated in 2019 to re-evaluate the community's needs and address remaining work. New ideas have been expressed to the City. Thirteen years later, the City has accomplished many recommended improvements, but more work remains.
Update 2006 Plan: Planning Process
2019 Spring/ Early Summer: Public Kick-off Workshops & Survey
City staff kicked off the planning effort with public workshops, mapping exercises, and community-wide survey to inform the City which streets, paths, rivers, etc. are used by the community; and where issues with those areas exist. Thank you for participating.
Survey results shown below.
2019 Fall: Public End of Season Workshops
City staff public workshops after the summer season to have the community add any new routes from the spring workshops/ survey. These maps are shown below - Coming Soon.