June 3, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
City to begin chip sealing on Monday
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — City contractors will begin applying chip seal treatments to various city streets on Monday, June 6.
The following streets will be chip sealed starting on June 6 and will conclude on June 10, weather permitting. Work will be going on from approximately 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Beacon Ridge Dr., from East Ave. to the end.
- Central St., from Emmett St. to Pleasantview Dr.
- Chestnut St., from Emmett St. to Pleasantview Dr.
- Clinton Dr., from Emmett St. to Laurel Dr.
- Clinton Dr., from Pitman Ave. to Laurel Dr.
- Cornell Dr., from Orchard Ave. to East Ave.
- Crest Dr., from Orchard Ave. to Merwood Dr.
- Curtis Ave., from Orchard Ave. to the end.
- Garrison Rd., from Roosevelt Ave. to Pleasantview Dr.
- Hunter St., from McKinley Ave. to East Ave.
- Laurel Dr., from Chestnut St. to East Ave.
- Lindsey St., from Garrison Ave. to McKinley Ave.
- McKinley Ave., from Lindsey St. to Emmett St.
- Merwood Dr., from Chestnut St. to McKinley Ave.
- Morley St., from Laurel Dr. to Cornell Dr.
- Orchard Ave., from Emmett St. to Pleasantview Dr.
- Pitman Ave., from Clinton Dr. to East Ave.
- Pleasantview Dr., from Central St. to Orchard Ave.
- Woodmer Ln., from Chestnut St. to Merwood Dr.
Chip seal is an effective way to extend the life of street pavement, lasting five to six years. Crews apply liquid asphalt and small stone chips, then roll over it.
Please do not park on these streets during work hours; vehicles may be towed.
No road closures are in place at this time; however, vehicular and pedestrian traffic in the area should be aware of construction activity and follow posted signs. We appreciate everyone’s patience during this and all work.
See these streets on our Public Works interactive project map, at https://battlecreekmi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=8bcd8770654d4e1fb8b3141be056d3e1. This is also available through the Your Government tab, under Public Works.