A business-card-sized list of community resources is now available at various locations in Battle Creek. The city and Battle Creek and Calhoun County Homeless Coalition encourage residents to hand them out to those who might need help with shelter, food and other essentials.
Resources on the card include crisis line phone numbers, meal sites with phone numbers and locations, and emergency shelter phone numbers.
Anyone is welcome to pick up the cards to use the information themselves or pass out the cards to people asking for help around the community.
Emergency needs resource cards will be available in the following locations:
· Across from the bill payment windows on the first floor of City Hall, 10 N. Division St.
· Community Healthcare Connections, 62 E. Michigan Ave., 269-969-6494
· The Haven of Rest Ministries main office, 11 Green St., 269-965-1148
· The SHARE Center, the city’s drop-in day shelter, 120 Grove St., 269-964-8133
· Barista Blues Café, 91 W. Michigan Ave., 269-968-8430
· Calhoun County Visitors Bureau Welcome Center, 34 W. Jackson St., 269-962-2240