Mayor & Commission
Middle, L-R: Boonikka Herring, Kathy Szenda Wilson, Jim Lance
Bottom, L-R: Vice Mayor Carla Reynolds, Sherry Sofia, Lynn Ward Gray
City Commission meetings
- 7 p.m., first and third Tuesdays of the month
- City Hall, 10 N. Division St.
City Commission Chambers, Room 301
Battle Creek, MI 49014
- Note: Meetings are now back in person, and continue to air live on AccessVision and the city's Facebook page. Public comment must be in person, or emailed to CityClerk@battlecreekmi.gov. There are occasions that commission workshops can be held virtually, so please watch for individual public notices for those.
2022 meeting dates
Pursuant to the Charter of the City of Battle Creek (Section 2.9), the Battle Creek City Commission approved the following schedule for the 2021-2022 City Commission year on Nov. 2, 2021. The following are the approved dates:
- Nov. 16, 2021
- Dec. 7, 2021
- Dec. 21, 2021
- Jan. 4, 2022
- Jan. 18, 2022
- Feb. 1, 2022
- Feb. 15, 2022
- March 1, 2022
- March 15, 2022
- April 5, 2022
- April 19, 2022
- May 3, 2022
- May 17, 2022
- June 7, 2022
- June 21, 2022
- July 5, 2022
- July 19, 2022
- Aug. 9, 2022 (changed due to primary election)
- Aug. 16, 2022
- Sept. 6, 2022
- Sept. 20, 2022
- Oct. 4, 2022
- Oct. 18, 2022
- Nov. 1, 2022
- Nov. 22, 2022 (organizational meeting starts at 7:30 p.m., followed by regular meeting)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
About the Commission
The City of Battle Creek will provide the necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as signers for the hearing impaired and audio tapes of printed materials being considered in the meeting upon seven days notice to the City of Battle Creek. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the City of Battle Creek by writing or calling Victoria L. Houser, City Clerk.
Battle Creek City Commissioners typically serve two-year terms. As of 2020, city voters now elect the mayor as a separate office, to serve a two-year term. After an election, the commissioners will select a vice mayor from among themselves, to serve a two-year term.
The next election of the City Commission will be held in November 2022.
The Commission includes five ward commissioners, representing geographic wards within the City, and four at-large commissioners.