The City of Battle Creek is sharing information here that we have on the COVID-19 pandemic. Below is the latest information coming from Calhoun County and the State of Michigan, as well as information related to city operations.
We know the many closures and changes may have a negative impact on neighbors in our community. If you need help, dial 211 to learn about resources from the United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region,
Reputable COVID-19 information is available here:
- Calhoun County Public Health Department: calhouncountymi.gov
- State of Michigan: michigan.gov/coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov/coronavirus
This is our COVID-19 response team:
Check out EatsBC the new local, online food ordering service! Click the logo.
Click this link to sign up to receive all Joint Operations Center communications.
- Aug. 18 - Joint Information Center - Vaccine FAQs, Schools and masks
- Aug. 3 - COVID-19 guidance update due to higher virus transmission
- July 26 - Delta variant identified in Calhoun County
- July 15 - Joint Information Center - Upcoming vaccine clinics; vaccine ambassadors
- June 23 - Joint Information Center - Albion College vaccine incentives; virus variant update
- June 16 - Joint Information Center presentation slides // Watch the VIDEO here
- June 9 - Joint Information Center - Vaccine Update
An important way to help yourself and your neighbors --
April 30 - Michigan COVID-19 testing sites
**From Calhoun County and the Burma Center - Burmese support
Testing, self-isolation, myths (Burmese, Falam, Hakha, Tedim)
Click link for YouTube playlist.
Please click image -- food resources
Click for information:
- Oct. 23, 2020 - School superintendent letter to the community
- Oct. 22, 2020 - Michigan health care systems joint statement
- What to do when you live with extended family
- Local food resources for seniors & adults with disabilities
- I think I have been exposed to COVID-19 - what do I do?
- Battle Creek Coronavirus Grassroots Resource Network
- For Battle Creek businesses: Battle Creek Unlimited
- COVID-19 fact sheet
- How to flush your home water if it has been restored after a turnoff
Click the image for the large version of local mental health resources:
Senior Resource Call Center
For seniors and caregivers in our community, the Senior Resource Call Center of CareWell Services is available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to answer questions, provide resources, and help seniors meet any needs they may have as they continue to limit their contact, and reduce their risk of contracting COVID-19.
A team of volunteers is able to deliver groceries, prescriptions, pet food, or personal care items. We can help you get home-delivered meals or a Personal Emergency Response button. We are here to answer any question you may have and help you connect with the services you need during this challenging time.
Call 269-441-0973 or 1-800-626-6719.
Telephone Reassurance Program
Seniors looking to stay connected with someone during this time of social distancing are invited to sign up for the Telephone Reassurance Program. Volunteers will call them at least weekly to check on their well being, identify any needs, or provide a person-to-person friendly visit over the phone. To sign up, call 269-966-2450.