We are planning updates to Claude Evans Park this year (off Washington Avenue), and we asked neighbors for feedback about this project in 2022. We have this opportunity to make improvements at the same time we need to clean and expand the sewer system running underneath the park.
Check out the updated project information below, then complete this quick form to let us know what you think!
When we asked for your recommendations last summer (2022), this is what you want to see in and around the park:
- Parking lot - 40%
- Cameras - 10%
- One-way traffic on the side street - 6%
- Remove trees and brush - 6%
- Add trees and greenery - 6%
- Farmers market - 4%
- More seating in grass areas - 4%
- Standardize performance stage
- Other suggestions included: trash cans, recycling bins, fillable water stations, community events, a police sub-station, disabled accessibility, bathrooms, basketball court shade, tennis courts, a workout area, a jogging track, playground improvements, more lighting, grandstands, a dog station
Here are some images to show you what the park could look like with improvements. Click the images to see them full size.