The City of Battle Creek will hold its second annual City Fair on Wednesday, July 12, an opportunity for neighbors, workers and visitors to learn more about our services and programs and interact with staff from most of our departments.
Join us at Festival Market Square, at the corner of Jackson and McCamly streets, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Battle Creek Farmers Market also is open during this time, so we hope everyone will enjoy a delicious, fun, and educational morning at our downtown space.
Jackson Street will be closed during this event from McCamly Street to the RiverWalk driveway. McCamly Street will be open and visitors will have access to the RiverWalk driveway from Jackson.
Highlights of the City Fair:
- 10 a.m. – Join Water Division team members Mark Olmstead and Reuben West for a fire hydrant assembly demonstration. These two are state champs for quickest hydrant assembly – Hydrant Hysteria is a competition at American Water Works Association conferences.
- The Battle Creek Fire Department will educate everyone with its smoke trailer, teaching neighbors how to exit their home in case of a fire. Presentations take approximately 15 minutes.
- Check out a variety of city vehicles – from the Airport and Public Works, among others – on display on Jackson Street, adjacent to Festival Market Square.
- Practice your golf swing with an inflatable from The First Tee of Battle Creek.
- There are two chances to win a Battle Creek Bombers prize, comprised of two box seat tickets to the July 15 game against Wisconsin, two hats, and two coupons for posters. 1) Check in at Festival Market Square on Facebook during our City Fair hours and/or tag the city in a post on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. 2) Pick up a five-step, information scavenger hunt and complete it during your visit!
- See the painted snow plow blade that has received the most votes (and the rest at our Department of Public Works, 150 S. Kendall).
We hope you’ll join us and learn more about what your city has to offer! We can’t wait to see you!