What are the five new medical marihuana licenses?

1. Grower -- A commercial entity that cultivates, dries, trims, or cures and packages marihuana for sale to a processor or provisioning center.

2. Processor -- A commercial entity that purchases marihuana from a grower and extracts resin from the marihuana, or creates a marihuana-infused product for sale and transfer in packaged form to a provisioning center.

3. Safety Compliance (testing) -- A commercial entity that receives marihuana from a marihuana facility or registered primary caregiver, tests it for contaminants, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabinoids, returns the test results, and may return the marihuana to the facility.

4. Secure Transporter -- A commercial entity that stores marihuana and transports it between marihuana facilities for a fee.

5. Provisioning Center (selling) -- A commercial entity that purchases marihuana from a grower or processor and sells, supplies, or provides marihuana to registered qualifying patients, directly or through their registered, primary caregivers.

Show All Answers

1. What's the difference between the existing Michigan law, from 2008, and the new, effective December of 2016, law?
2. What are the five new medical marihuana licenses?
3. If the city allowed any of the licenses, where could they be located?
4. What are nearby communities doing regarding this issue?
5. If the state issues a license, does that automatically give local approval, too?
6. Are there prohibited locations for medical marihuana businesses?
7. Is there a minimum age to purchase marihuana?
8. Can grocery stores, liquor stores, or gas stations sell medical marihuana?
9. Why is marihuana spelled with an "h" and not a "j"?
10. If the city allows medical marihuana businesses, what can it regulate?
11. What's the difference between Michigan's medical marihuana and other states' recreational marijuana?
12. Will I be notified about a proposed medical marihuana business in my neighborhood?