Numerous programming changes have occurred with Calhoun County’s Recycling and Solid Waste Program amid COVID-19. Please note these cancellations or reschedulings.
To provide information about recycling during the COVID-19 pandemic, a webpage was created on the Recycling and Solid Waste Program’s website. Please visit this page for up-to-date information.
COVID-19 Recycling Updates
- Recyclerama, which was scheduled to take place April 4, is cancelled
- The Albion and Marshall Recycling Centers are closed until at least April 13. Anything left at these sites while closed will be landfilled.
- A HHW collection is now scheduled for 10 a.m.-Noon, Oct. 24, at the Toeller Building, Battle Creek
- For those in the City of Battle Creek limits, and anyone else with Waste Management service, the temporary customer service phone number is 269-969-7530. Please leave a message, and Waste Management staff will return your call.
Regarding the C&C Landfill:
If you already have a pass card to the C&C Landfill Recycling Center, you may continue using your card and have access to their recycling containers. Please remember to dump your items out of the bag or box you hauled them in. No sorting is required, but make sure you are following the list of items they accept. It is posted at the scale attendant’s window. This center doesn’t accept any polystyrene. If you do not have a pass card already, you can check to see if your municipal offices are open and get one or pay $4 each trip to the recycling center. This recycling center is located at 14800 P Dr. N. and residents must stop and show pass or pay when they reach the scale. The hours are Monday through Friday 7 AM to 4:30 PM. Saturday hours are suspended at least through April 13.
For City of Battle Creek and other Waste Management customers, regular trash and recycling pickup continues as usual. Additional pickup events -- including curbside yard waste for the City of Battle Creek, starting March 30 -- will take place as planned.
Other recycling opportunities:
- Clarence Township will continue to have its recycling roll-off on the third weekend of the month. Residents need to dump loose recyclables into the container and break down boxes.
- GFL also operates a drop-off recycling facility in Battle Creek located at 15160 6 ½ Mile Rd. It accepts paper, cardboard, books, and tin cans. This center is open 24/7.
For information on trash and recycling in the city, please visit battlecreekmi.gov/recycling.
The County also offers a recycling guide that is available online with information on how to recycle or dispose of material until the recycling centers and events are running again.
For updates from Calhoun County, about County operations and COVID-19 in Calhoun County, visit the County website, calhouncountymi.gov .
For updates from the City of Battle Creek, please visit battlecreekmi.gov/coronavirus .
The State’s COVID-19 Hotline is available for anyone who has questions or concerns related to the virus. The hotline is open seven days a week from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Call 1-888-535-6136. For state COVID-19 information, visit michigan.gov/coronavirus .