Information is changing rapidly as the COVID-19 pandemic continues, so please take note of the changes below to waste operations within city limits.
Due to COVID-19 and the state “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order, and similar orders in other states, Waste Management has reduced its on-the-road workforce, has temporarily closed customer service call centers, and has postponed several non-essential services to focus on curbside trash and recycling pickup.
For Waste Management customer service during this time, please call 269-969-7530. Leave a message, and WM staff will return your call.
- The start of curbside yard waste pickup is postponed until further notice. (It was scheduled to start today, March 30.)
- Related to yard waste, the city has closed our public yard waste drop-off site, Brice Pit, until further notice, based on the information in the governor’s order related to yard/landscape services.
- As of Wednesday, April 1, Waste Management will not pick up curbside bulk waste, such as furniture, carpet, mattresses, and appliances. Customers who place these items for pickup can expect to see a WM tag, asking them to take it back during this time.
- Spring cleanups, and other bulk cleanups, are postponed (city Spring Cleanup was set for the first week of May).
- As a reminder, the Calhoun County-wide Recyclerama is canceled for this year.
Please stay tuned for more information as Waste Management reschedules the postponed events and pickups.
Stay current with COVID-19-related information at the city’s website, battlecreekmi.gov/coronavirus. Please stay home as much as possible, or at least six feet from others if you must go out, and wash your hands frequently.