City contractors will start this year’s street crack fill program today, mainly in the far corners of the city limits.
Crack filling is one of our street programs that prevents the cracks from widening and spreading, keeping water out and maintaining recently-treated roads for another two to three years. The filler is a cold liquid asphalt.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and crews expect to finish by July 30.
The roads will stay open, but please expect occasional, temporary lane shifts and delays. Please travel slowly through these areas when workers are present, and follow all traffic signs and control measures.
We appreciate everyone’s patience during this work.
This year’s crack fill program:
- Carver Road – city limit to Stone Jug
- Stone Jug Road – Carver to Beckley Road
- Beckley Road – Stone Jug to Helmer Road
- Helmer Road S – Gethings to I-94
- Denso Road – Hill Brady Road to Dickman Road
- Wagner Drive – South Union Street to East Emmett Street
- Capital Avenue SW – city limit to Beckley
- Minges Creek Place – Glenn Cross to Beckley
- Glenn Cross Road – Capital to M-66
- Beckley – South Minges to 6 Mile Road
- Skyline Drive – south of Columbia Avenue to Hill Brady Road
- Hill Brady – Skyline to end
- West Territorial Road – Helmer to Capital SW
- West Van Buren Street – Division Street to South Union
- East Roosevelt Avenue – Garrison Road to East Avenue N
- Limit Street – West Michigan Avenue to 4 ½ Mile Road
See these streets on our interactive work map at battlecreekmi.gov/publicworks. Click the Engineering page to read our Pavement 101, an outline of all our road treatments.