Our Code Compliance, Planning, and Inspections Divisions’ customer service team will provide services online and by phone until March 1, due to staff illness, and the city's efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19.
These service changes originally were in place just the week of Jan. 24, but city leaders made the decision to take precautions for the next month.
Please use the information below to accomplish the business items listed. You also can call us at 269-966-3311 to get started by phone. Applications, and lots of helpful and important information, are available online at battlecreekmi.gov/communityservices.
As of this writing, City Hall remains open to the public, with other services available in person. Our hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m.-noon Friday.
- To receive Code Compliance, Inspections, and Planning assistance by phone, you must leave a message. Please provide your name, phone number, and reason you are calling. Staff will return calls in the order they are received.
- You can submit permit applications, plans, and payment by mail, or using BS&A online, at www.bsaonline.com. Staff will remotely review applications and plans, and process permits submitted online. Please allow 48 hours for application processing. Plan review may require up to 14 days. Staff will process and issue mailed permits and payment within one week of receipt.
To submit items by mail, the appropriate mailing addresses are listed on the applications at battlecreekmi.gov/397/Building-Inspection-Permits.
- To request an inspection,please contact the office online, by email, or by phone:
- Online at www.bsaonline.com
- By phone at 269-966-3382 – leave a message with name, phone number, property address, type of inspection, and requested inspection day
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org – include your name, phone number, property address, type of inspection, and requested inspection day
- Inspectors are availableby phone and email to answer questions or concerns contractors or homeowners have in completing a project:
- Richard Bolek, Chief Building Official, 269-966-3319, email@example.com
- Don Wilkinson, Building Inspector, 269-967-3995, firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Seibel, Building Inspector, 269-966-3355 x1271, email@example.com
- Paul Sheldon, Electrical Inspector, 269-967-4058, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billy Wills, Mechanical Inspector, 269-967-4057, email@example.com
- Chad Russell, Plumbing Inspector, 269-339-1228, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Code Compliance questions, additional information, or to report a code violation, email email@example.com or call 269-966-3382.
- Submit rental permit applications or vacant/abandoned property registrations to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 10 N. Division St., Room 117, Battle Creek, MI 49014.
- Code Compliance staff also is availabledirectly by email:
- Jason Francisco, Code Compliance Manager, email@example.com
- Tom Engels, Senior Code Official, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerrod Lepper, Code Compliance Officer, email@example.com
- Eric Morris, Senior Code Official, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yolanda Johnson, Senior Code Official, email@example.com
- To reach the Planning team, submit permit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 10 N. Division St., Room 117, Battle Creek, MI 49014.
With any other Planning questions, contact the team at email@example.com or 269-966-3320.