The city team has scheduling news to share for this Memorial Day weekend, including the opening of some of our best summer attractions.
- City offices are closed Monday, May 30 for Memorial Day. Battle Creek Transit will not operate on Monday, resuming regular hours on Tuesday. Republic Services is closed, and their curbside services are delayed one day all of next week.
- Memorial Day weekend is one of the times neighbors can use consumer fireworks in the city. They are allowed the Saturday and Sunday immediately before Memorial Day, which is May 28 and 29 this year. You may use fireworks from 11 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. those days.
Police and Fire officers can enforce this, and those with fireworks complaints should call 911. Please know these calls are important, but officers might not respond if there is a higher-priority call in progress. Police either need a witness, or to see the fireworks.
We know fireworks holidays can be tough for veterans, and families with pets and small children. Please be considerate of your neighbors and use fireworks only when they are legally allowed.
- Flash Flood Water Park will open for the season Saturday, May 28! General admission for the outdoor pool/attractions is $12; children 2 and younger are free.
Hours this weekend are 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday, and 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday. It opens fully on Saturday, June 4, with hours of 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and noon-6 p.m. Sunday.
- Willard Beach Park is now open to vehicle traffic. The park is open 8 a.m.-8:30 p.m. daily. Admission is $2 per person, or $5 per car with three or more people.
- The Wet Safari Splash Pad at Claude Evans Park is open 10 a.m.-8 p.m. daily.
- Full Blast summer hours also begin next week. Enjoy the fitness center, courts, and indoor track from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday/Sunday. Please visit bcparks.org or call 269-966-3431 for more information on Recreation Department activities.