The Battle Creek City Clerk’s Office will stay open extra days and hours ahead of the Nov. 8 general election, to provide voter registration and absentee ballots.
Don’t miss a chance to participate in this year’s election! Check out the following dates, starting tomorrow:
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 – 5 p.m. until the end of the City Commission meeting (starts at 7 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 – 5 p.m. until the end of the City Commission meeting (starts at 7 p.m.)
- Saturday, Oct. 29 – 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. (also holding a chairperson training session)
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 – 5 p.m. until the end of the City Commission meeting (starts at 7 p.m.)
- Saturday, Nov. 5 – 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Visit the City Clerk’s Office in Room 111 at City Hall, 10 N. Division St. Beyond the dates and times listed above, the Clerk’s Office is open with City Hall, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Absentee ballots started mailing out on Friday, Sept. 30, with more going out today. Look for yours this week, if you have already applied. Remember that all Michigan voters are eligible to vote absentee if you wish.
More information voters should know:
- You can mail back your voted absentee ballot, or drop it into the drop box outside City Hall anytime, or the drop box inside next to the Clerk’s Office during open hours.
- The Public Accuracy Test of the city’s voting equipment is set for 10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 18 in the third-floor commission chambers at City Hall.
- Starting Saturday, Nov. 5, voters can apply for and receive an absentee ballot, but must vote that ballot in the Clerk’s Office; the ballot cannot leave City Hall.
- On Tuesday, Nov. 8, Election Day, city residents who have not yet registered to vote can do so in the Clerk’s Office, with proof of residency.
On Election Day registered voters ONLY may vote absentee in the Clerk’s Office, or vote in person at their precinct after registering. Polls are open 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
- This election includes City Commission and Mayor candidates. Their organizational meeting and swearing in is at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 22 at City Hall.
For more information, including the absentee ballot application and precinct locations, visit battlecreekmi.gov/elections. You can also visit Michigan.gov/vote, or call the City Clerk’s Office at 269-966-3311.