BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — Riverside Drive will be temporarily closed tomorrow, Thursday, Oct. 6, as city crews complete tree work along the roadway.
Specifically, Riverside Drive between East Minges Road and Beckley Road will be closed beginning at 9 a.m. and will reopen to traffic at noon. Traffic will not be permitted in the above-mentioned area of Riverside Drive during the road closure.
A city contractor will be paving additional roadways tomorrow, Thursday, Oct. 6, as part of continuing milling and paving work in the city.
The following roadways scheduled to be paved include:
- Kedzie Court, from Orient Street to Upton Avenue
- Spring Street, from Meachem Avenue to Upton Avenue
- Mint Street, from Meachem Avenue to S. Washington Avenue
- W. Fountain Street, from Meachem Avenue to Upton Avenue
- Plantain Street, from Meachem Avenue to S. Washington Avenue
- Plantain Street, from Caroline Street to Capital Avenue SW.
- Elder Street, from Meachem Avenue to Capital Avenue SW.
- Sumac Street, from Meachem Avenue to dead end of street
- Sumac Street, from S. Washington Avenue to Capital Avenue SW.
- Carl Avenue, from W. Dickman Road to Goguac Street W.
Work hours on the paving projects will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
During all of these projects, all roadways will remain OPEN to traffic and neighbors will have access to their driveways, however there will be minor disruptions to motorists and neighbors as the paving crews make their way along each roadway.
Additionally, neighbors are asked to NOT park along the above-mentioned roadways, so that the paving projects can be completed.
We appreciate everyone’s patience during all work on our city’s infrastructure.