BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — City crews will be working on a tree removal project that will result in the temporary closure of a section of Capital Avenue Saturday, Oct. 15.
The specific section of Capital Avenue affected by the closure is:
- Capital Avenue SW. between Weeks Avenue and Golden Avenue
The Capital Avenue closure will be in place from 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
During the tree removal project, Capital Avenue will be CLOSED to thru traffic. Neighbors located within the closure area will have access to their driveways, as well as access in and out of the closure area.
The Capital Avenue closure will also cause a Battle Creek Transit bus detour Saturday, Oct. 15. Specifically, the 4S - SW Capital bus will be impacted and will follow the detour described below:
- Outbound: The bus will take a left on Weeks Avenue, a right on N. Brewer Drive, a right on Golden Avenue, and a left on Capital Avenue SW. to resume its regular route.
- Inbound: The bus will turn right on Golden Avenue, left on N. Brewer Drive, left on Weeks Avenue, and then right on Capital Avenue SW. to resume its regular route.
In addition, during the detour, the 4S - SW Capital bus will miss the following stops:
- Capital Avenue SW., near Suburban Barber Shop
- Capital Avenue SW., near Forrest Hills Apartments
- Capital Avenue SW., near Forrest Hills
If you need any assistance planning your trip, please call Battle Creek Transit dispatch at, 269-966-3474.
We appreciate everyone’s patience during all work on our city’s infrastructure.