Four adults and two teens face citations and charges after a shooting Friday at Freedom Lane Apartments.
At about 4:30 p.m. Friday, police officers responded to the apartments for multiple reports of shots fired. As officers arrived, witnesses said the suspects had run into one of the apartments, and one of the teens left out the back door. Officers found the teen suspect nearby, on Spring Street, with four weapons used in the shooting.
Three of those were 9mm handguns, and one was an assault-style pistol. Police determined the pistol and one of the handguns were stolen. Police used a search warrant for the apartment, where they found ammunition.
A short time after police set up a barrier around the apartment suspects ran into, three of the adults came out.
- A 14-year-old is at the Calhoun County Youth Center for felonious assault, carrying a concealed weapon, felony firearm, and possession of a stolen firearm.
- A 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman are in the Calhoun County Jail for felonious assault.
- A 21-year-old woman is in the Calhoun County Jail for disorderly conduct.
- A 20-year-old woman was cited with disorderly conduct and released.
- A 17-year-old was charged with disorderly conduct and released to their family.
No people were injured and no property damaged by the gunshots. Police believe the situation started as an argument and assault between people living in the apartment complex.