BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — City crews are currently working to fill cracks along several streets in the Westlake/Prairieview neighborhoods through the end of August, in preparation for chip-seal work later in the construction season.
This process includes filling the cracks along the asphalt road surface with hot rubber. Once this is completed, the road surface is ready for the next phase of applying a new seal on the road, which is part of the city’s annual chip-seal work.
The following specific street sections are set to undergo the crack filling process:
- 28th Street, from Goguac Street West to West Columbia Avenue
- 29th Street, from Goguac Street West to West Columbia Avenue
- 30th Street, from Goguac Street West to West Columbia Avenue
- 31st Street, from Goguac Street West to West Columbia Avenue
- North 32nd Street, from Goguac Street West to West Territorial Road
- North 33rd Street, from Goguac Street West to West Highland Boulevard
The above-mentioned street sections will not be closed during the crack-fill work; however, drivers and pedestrians should expect temporary delays as the crews complete this work. Neighbors will still have access to and from their homes, as well.
Crews began this work last Monday, July 17, and expect it to be wrapped up by the end of August. Work hours will generally be from 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
We appreciate everyone’s patience during all work on our city’s infrastructure.