The city’s contractor will fill cracks on a series of city streets, beginning today – Tuesday, Sept. 27.
Work was scheduled to begin Monday, but streets must be dry to proceed and rain caused a delay. It is not known exactly when the work will be complete, but crews will work through the streets in the order listed below.
Crack filling is one of our street programs that prevents the cracks from widening and spreading, keeping water out and maintaining recently-treated roads for another two to three years. The filler is a cold liquid asphalt.
The roads will be open at all times, however, please expect intermittent delays. Work hours will be 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. If you see that crews have arrived to work on your street, please don’t park on the street.
We appreciate everyone’s patience during this work. As always, work is weather dependent.
Streets to be crack filled in this round are:
• Cedar Avenue – Morgan Avenue to Kellogg Street
• Oakley Street – Bedford Road (M-37) to Geiger Street
• North Wood Street – Parkway Drive to West Goodale Avenue
• Oneita Street – Parkway Drive to West Goodale Avenue
• West Manchester Street – North Kendall Street to North Washington Avenue
• Champion Street – North Kendall Street to College Street
• Fremont Street – Capital Avenue NE (M-66) to East Emmett Street
• Piper Avenue – Sherman Road to Bryant Street
• South Edison Street – East Emmett Street to the end
• West Jameson Avenue – Raymond Road to the end
• Huntington Boulevard – Abbington Circle to Stone Jug Road