Join Battle Creek Central tonight for this year’s homecoming parade, and please be aware of downtown road closures during the event.
The closures listed below will start at approximately 5:20 p.m. and Battle Creek Police officers will open intersections as the parade moves through. The parade is expected to last about 45 minutes.
The parade starts at 5:30 p.m. in the area of W.K. Kellogg Auditorium on Van Buren Street and moves:
• South on Capital Avenue
• West on Michigan Avenue to United Way
• North on United Way to Champion Street
• Ends in the parking lot of C.W. Post Field
The Emmett Township Department of Public Safety also has released the road closures happening today for the Harper Creek homecoming parade, from approximately 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. Staging for parade participants will be on Trappers Ridge.
• Beadle Lake Road between D Drive North and B Drive North
• All side streets in between the above
Please be alert while driving in these areas. Thanks for everyone’s patience during these events and enjoy the festivities!