Fans will get to see renovations made for this season, catch a KCC baseball game.
The city’s Parks & Recreation Department invites everyone to an open house at the newly-renovated C.O. Brown Stadium at Bailey Park.
Join staff from noon to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 22. The park is located at 1392 Capital Ave. NE.
The free event will give fans a chance to see the renovations made for the 2017 baseball season, plus catch Kellogg Community College’s double header against Glen Oaks Community College, starting at 1 p.m.
Upgrades are as follows:
- Total renovation of the bathrooms.
- Painting the interior and exterior of the stadium.
- New locker room showers.
- New stadium netting, including box seats.
- New concrete in the lower concourse.
- New roofs on concessions, electrical, bathrooms, and locker rooms.
- New seating, with additional tables, behind home plate, and box seats replacing the first two rows on the third-base side.
- New banners honoring the 81-year history of the Battle Creek City League.
During the past three years, new lights, score board and sound system have been installed at the stadium.
We hope to see you there!