The next group of city streets are scheduled for surface improvements, starting Wednesday, June 21.
The following streets will be chip sealed, with work taking place from approximately 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Work is expected to finish by June 27, weather permitting.
Chip seal is an effective way to extend the life of street pavement, lasting five to six years. Crews apply liquid asphalt and small stone chips, then roll over it.
The streets will remain open and neighbors will have access to their properties. Please plan for intermittent traffic disruptions, which could cause delays.
Please do not park on these streets during work hours; vehicles will be towed.
We appreciate everyone’s patience during this and all work to maintain our infrastructure. Neighbors on streets set for chip seal treatment should receive a postcard notifying them of this work.
Streets scheduled this week:
- Iden Street – Mason Avenue to Stringham Road
- Russell Street – Allene Avenue to Everett Avenue
- Lennon Street – West Michigan Avenue to Sherbrooke Street
- Butler Street – Lafayette Street to Parrish Street
- Hayes Street – Hamblin Avenue to Lafayette Street
- Service Street – South Cass Street to west end
- Flint Street/Michael Hume Way – Division Street to Elm Street
- Kenosha Avenue – Fonda Street to South Avenue
- Pauline Street – Kenosha to north end
- South Avenue – Kenosha to south end
- Reese Road – Hill Brady Road to east end