The next group of city streets are scheduled for surface improvements, starting Thursday, June 22.
The following streets will be chip sealed, with work taking place from approximately 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Work is expected to finish by June 30, weather permitting.
Chip seal is an effective way to extend the life of street pavement, lasting five to six years. Crews apply liquid asphalt and small stone chips, then roll over it.
The streets will remain open and neighbors will have access to their properties. Please plan for intermittent traffic disruptions, which could cause delays.
Please do not park on these streets during work hours; vehicles will be towed.
We appreciate everyone’s patience during this and all work to maintain our infrastructure. Neighbors on streets set for chip seal treatment should receive a postcard notifying them of this work; neighbors on the streets below also should have received notification by door hanger.
Streets scheduled this week:
- Presidential Drive -- west end to Mason Avenue
- Linwood Avenue -- Simmons Avenue to Presidential
- Geiger Avenue -- Ludwig Avenue to Michigan Avenue
- Review Avenue -- north end to Goodale Avenue
- West Meadowlawn Avenue -- Wilds Street to Gardenia Street
- Wilds Street -- Goodale to Coolidge Street
- Hillsdale Street -- Goodale to Coolidge
- Maryland Drive -- Washington Avenue to Gardenia
- Hubert Avenue -- Washington to east end
- Walter Avenue -- Congress Street to Emmett Street
- Hudson Avenue -- Baldwin Avenue to Northside Drive
- Helen M Montgomery Avenue -- Howland Street to Washington
- Hazel Street -- Northside to Parkway Drive
- Hanover Street -- Parkway to Seedorff Street
- Orin Street -- Washington to Hanover