A draft of the city’s new master plan – the development road map for the next 10-20 years and two years in the making – is now available for public review.
Planning staff is offering multiple ways to participate in reviewing the plan, and are happy to discuss it:
- Read through the plan – 93 pages and full of images and graphics – on our website, battlecreekmi.gov. Scroll down the homepage to the City Spotlight section and click the link to the plan. Or review a paper copy in Room 117 at City Hall, 10 N. Division St., between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Send written comments to Christine Zuzga, planning manager, City of Battle Creek, 10 N. Division St., Battle Creek, MI 49014.
- Attend your October and November Neighborhood Planning Council meetings to discuss the draft plan with staff in your neighborhoods. Visit battlecreekmi.gov/npc to determine which NPC you’re in, and look for meeting times and locations.
- Attend an open house next Wednesday, Nov. 1. They will take place from 7:30-9:30 a.m. and again from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at two locations – the first-floor lobby of City Hall, 10 N. Division St., and the newly-renovated RESTORE (269), 117 W. Michigan Ave.
- Also on Wednesday, Nov. 1, attend the final community workshop. It’s set for 6:30-8 p.m. at the Kool Family Community Center, 200 W. Michigan Ave.
The master plan is used for future land use planning and development efforts, as well as to inform policy and budget decisions. Staff encourage all neighbors to attend any of the sessions above and/or review the plan and provide any input you may have.
Does the draft plan adequately address what you’d like to see in Battle Creek in the future? Do the elements in the draft plan make sense? Do you think the draft plan is missing anything? While staff will use the plan often, they want to ensure it meets the expectations of the community. YOUR input is important!
Please note that staff is aware of one significant error in the draft. If you email us at PublicInput@battlecreekmi.gov or call 269-966-3320 with what it is and the page number, you could win a prize! Thank you for your time and effort to provide comments and feedback! Staff will take comments through Wednesday, Nov. 15.