Get your bowls and spoons ready – it’s time again to celebrate cereal with this year’s Cereal Festival and World’s Longest Breakfast Table in downtown Battle Creek!
To help everyone plan for, or around, the festivities, please take note of the following events – all will take place this Saturday, June 9.
The World’s Longest Breakfast Table will take place from 8-11 a.m. on McCamly Street. Setup will begin at approximately 4 a.m., so expect closures to begin at that time:
- West Michigan Avenue – Carlyle Street to Capital Avenue
- McCamly Street – Hamblin Avenue to State Street
- Jackson Street – Capital Avenue to McCamly
The Grand Cereal Parade will take place at noon on West Michigan Avenue. The parade will travel from United Way to Commerce Pointe. Expect the following, additional, closures starting at 11 a.m. They will be in place until the parade finishes, after 1 p.m.
- Michigan Avenue – Washington Avenue to Division Street/M-66
- Gould Street at West Michigan Avenue
- United Way at West Michigan Avenue
- Capital Avenue – State Street to Jackson Street
The Cereal City Classic 5K/10K will take place at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, starting at the Battle Creek YMCA on Capital Avenue NE. No roads will be closed, but please be alert for runners and bike leaders.
Enjoy the entertainment, children’s activities, Farmer’s Market at Festival Market Square, and other activities as we celebrate the city’s cereal heritage!