As the city and surrounding areas dig out from the continued snow storm, we have a few updates to share:
• City administrative offices are open for business today.
• This morning we have 20 plow trucks and five cul-de-sac trucks out clearing streets. As a reminder, street plowing priorities are state trunklines and major streets first, then Battle Creek Transit routes, then residential streets, cul-de-sacs and alleys. This morning, Transit routes are plowed and crews are starting to move to residential streets.
• Please note that shoveling or plowing snow into the street is a hazard to passing vehicles and violates state law.
• A fallen tree on Edgebrook drive closed the street for about 45 minutes this morning. Crews already have cleared it and the street is open again.
• Waste Management drivers are doing their best to pick up every resident’s trash and recycling on the normal schedule. If a truck doesn’t make it to you on your regular day, please keep your containers at the curb. Waste Management plans to get everything picked up by the end of the day on Friday.
• Battle Creek Transit services are running on normal schedules today. However, weather conditions may cause delays, so customers should plan accordingly and allow extra time in their travels today. Times may be a little slower than usual as drivers focus on safety, so some transfers may not be made.
We appreciate everyone’s patience today and wish you safety and warmth!