Road closures and detours are set – with many signs posted and ready – for traffic direction during this year’s Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival.
The festival takes place at the W.K. Kellogg Airport from Wednesday, July 3 to Sunday, July 7. A full event schedule and more information is available at www.bcballoons.com.
Following are the road closures in place for this year’s event:
- Helmer Road – Dickman Road to Columbia Avenue – This part of Helmer will be open to event traffic, but closed to thru traffic. Please follow posted detours.
- 4-10:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 3
- 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Thursday, July 4 (fireworks at 10:30 p.m.)
- 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday, July 5
- 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, July 6 (fireworks at 10:30 p.m.)
- 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday, July 7
- Helmer Road – Dickman Road to Territorial Road
24th Street – Columbia Avenue to Lakeshore Drive
- 6:45-10 a.m. for the Battle Creek Half Marathon and 5K
There will be no additional road closures during air shows this year. Air shows take place daily from Thursday to Sunday.
Please plan your travel accordingly, and be alert for police enforcement of these closures and possible traffic delays.
We wish neighbors and visitors an enjoyable experience at this year’s Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival!