News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/17/2019 12:16:31 PM to 12/20/2019 12:00:03 AM.
Posted on: December 17, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Interactive parking map now available for Dec. 18 rally attendees
- An interactive public parking map is now available at www.battlecreekmi.gov/rallyparking. There is also a link to this map in the City Spotlight, at the bottom of the city’s home page, www.battlecreekmi.gov.
Please note the map key – some parking lots are available all day, some are available after 3 p.m. (when school is out), and some are available after 5 p.m.
Please remember that this will be a busy day, and watch for parking signage where you may consider parking. Anyone who parks in a restricted area, or otherwise parks illegally, may be towed. Camping is prohibited.
- The city will not provide shuttles from these parking lots, and they are first come, first served. However, for the lot at Kellogg Community College, regular Battle Creek Transit bus service will be available to get downtown.
Take the 2E Emmett-East bus, which offers hourly service. The final bus will leave KCC at around 5:50 p.m., and arrives at the downtown transfer center on McCamly Street, next to the Post Office, and near Kellogg Arena.
Please note the final service time. If you park at KCC and ride the bus downtown to attend the rally, you must find another way back to the parking lot afterward.
For route information, visit www.battlecreekmi.gov/transit, or call 269-966-3474 for help planning your trip.
- As a reminder, parking for rally attendees who have a handicapped placard or license plate will be at the former Kmart, at Capital Avenue SW and Dickman Road (also on the interactive map). Please enter via Capital Avenue, and watch for signs and attendants.
Battle Creek Transit will provide shuttle service for these attendees, from the parking lot to Kellogg Arena, starting at 1:45 p.m. Wednesday. Transit will provide return shuttle service back to the parking lot.
- The arena and campaign are working on outdoor placement of heaters and portable toilets in the Festival Market Square area. We also expect at least one food truck to operate in this area on Wednesday.
- Rally attendees will be subject to a security screening. The following items are not allowed in the arena:
- Aerosols and spray containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals other than service/guide animals
- Backpacks, bags, roller bags, suitcases, and other bags larger than 12”x14”x5”
- Balloons and balls
- Banners, signs, and placards, and supports for signs/placards
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
- Explosives of any kind, including fireworks
- Glass, thermal, and metal containers
- Laser lights and laser pointers
- Mace and/or pepper spray
- Noisemakers, such as air horns, whistles, drums, bullhorns, etc.
- Poles, sticks, and selfie sticks
- Recreational motorized mobility devices
- Tents and similar structures
- Toy guns
- Weapons of any kind, including firearms
- Any other item that may pose a threat to the security of the event, as determined by, and at the discretion of the security screeners