Authorized marihuana facilities in the City of Battle Creek
Medical Marihuana Facilities
Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act - 2016
- Class A - 500 plants
- Class B - 1,000 plants
- Class C - 1,500 plants
- Provisioning Center
- Secure Transporter
- Safety Compliance Facility
Adult-Use Marihuana Establishments
Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act - 2018
- Class A - 100 plants
- Class B - 500 plants
- Class C - 2,000 plants
- Secure Transporter
- Safety Compliance Establishment
Prohibited Marihuana Facilities
Designated Consumption Establishment
Temporary Event License
Battle Creek adopted our medical marihuana ordinance in February 2018, and our adult-use marihuana ordinance in October 2019.
Steps to obtain a marihuana license (medical or adult use)
- Apply for and receive pre-qualification approval from the State of Michigan.
- Submit Part A of the marihuana facility application to the City of Battle Creek.
- If the facility will be located in a T3 district, the applicant must apply for a Special Use Permit before submitting Part A of the marihuana application.
- If the application is approved, a 90-day conditional approval permit is issued.
- Within 90 days after receiving the conditional approval permit, the applicant must obtain site plan approval and apply for building permits.
- If the site plan and building permits are approved, a continuation of the 90-day permit is granted. The applicant should begin facility construction/build-out.
- After construction is complete, the applicant must request and receive a certificate of occupancy.
- The applicant has 90 days after the certificate of occupancy is issued to obtain the final state license and submit the City of Battle Creek Part B application and supporting documents.
- Once the Part B application is approved, the city will issue the final marihuana permit.
- The applicant may begin opening and operating the permitted marihuana establishment.
* Licenses must be renewed annually - renewal applications are due by Nov. 1 each year. *