Oct. 1 update from the State of Michigan and Calhoun County Public Health Department --
On Sept. 30, more than 128,000 acres were treated. Some of the planned treatment zones were only partially completed and will again be on tonight’s schedule. In addition, other treatment zones were selected as weather alternatives in case of inclement weather in one part of the state.
The areas slated for treatment tonight are identified in the Aerial Treatment Zones Map and include:
- Area 3-1 in Berrien County.
- Area 1-1 in Allegan County.
- Area 2-1 in Barry County.
- Areas 5-1 and 5-2 in Cass County.
- Area 4-1 in Calhoun County.
- Area 12-1 St. Joseph County.
- Area 13-1 in Van Buren County.
- Area 6-2 in Jackson County. (weather alternative)
- Areas 8-1 and 8-2 in Kent County. (weather alternative)
- Area 9-1 in Lapeer County. (weather alternative)
- Areas 10-1, 10-2 and 10-3 in Montcalm County. (weather alternative)
- Area 11-1 in Newaygo. (weather alternative)
Please refer to the County-level Aerial Treatment Maps for more details of the identified zones’ locations.
These schedules are weather dependent and may change. The most up-to-date information will be posted here at Michigan.gov/EEE.
All other treatment zones will not be treated this evening.
Previous information --
Please click the links below to see details about an aerial spray to kill mosquitoes that may carry the EEE virus, currently affecting Michigan and other states.
The state will spray areas over 14 counties, including Calhoun, starting in the evening and overnight hours of Sunday, Sept. 29. The start date may change due to weather, and weather factors will impact how long it will take to complete the spray.
We do not know for sure when spraying will take place over Calhoun County specifically, but the map appears to show the entire city, and most of the surrounding municipalities.
Find more information at www.michigan.gov/eee. Calhoun County also has set up an informational phone hotline, 269-969-6852.
MDHHS press release on EEE and spray
EEE and spray FAQs
EEE FAQs en Español
EEE state aerial spray map
Calhoun County EEE aerial spray map