About the Department
- City ordinances require the City Treasurer to collect and deposit money owed the city for various services and taxes.
- State law also requires the Treasurer to serve on the Police and Fire Pension Board.
- The Treasurer receives payments for utility bills, invoices, income taxes, and special assessments.
- The Treasurer also bills and collects property taxes for the city, schools, county, library, community college and state. The money collected is periodically sent to the other taxing jurisdictions.
- In addition to billing and collecting, the Treasurer's division receives, records and deposits all city revenue.
2019 Property Taxes2019 Summer property taxes will be out July 1, 2019. The due date to pay the summer taxes without penalty is Tuesday, August 20, 2019. Payments with a legible U.S. postal service postmark on or before 8/20/19 may be considered paid on time by the Treasurer if RECEIVED on or before 8/27/19.
You can pay your taxes online! Go back to the home page and click on Pay Online. Debit, Credit or bank ACH is accepted through 2/27/20.
Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes will be available July 1, 2019. The deadline to submit an application is September 14, 2019.
2018 Real Property Taxes